Bean Brothers Better Images Case Study
Introduction to Bean Brothers
The Bean Brothers Coffee Company is a small-batch, artisanal coffee roasting company based in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire. Founded in 2012, it is a family-run business that specialises in sourcing and roasting the finest quality coffee beans from around the world. The company is committed to maintaining high-quality control, with a dedicated team of hard-working individuals roasting, blending, and packing the coffee by hand daily. The company’s passion is single-origin coffee, but they also produce house espresso blends that are served in coffee shops nationwide. The company is rooted within Huddersfield, located at the Fairfield Mills, an old textile mill on the outskirts of town and surrounded by picturesque valleys and moorlands.
Additional Product Images
Frame’s Approach & Solution
Better Images by Frame cleverly takes existing product images from eCommerce websites and when put through our algorithm, it produces more high-quality Images without the need to spend time, effort and money to put their products under a studio camera. In addition to this, we offer Image SEO optimisation to improve product listings. We benchmark the whole site against a number of factors, resulting in a score out of 100.
We put Bean Brothers images through Frame’s unique rigorous image analysis process which looks at the following:
- Number of images
- Type of product images
- Images size
- Product size
- AI object and text recognition
- Colour content
Bean Brothers Analysis & Results
Clear and high-quality images are an important aspect of visual communication and can greatly enhance the user experience on a website. In order to achieve high-quality images, it is crucial to pay attention to several key factors. Here are some good points and areas for improvement that we carried out for Bean Brothers
- Well-lit, high-resolution studio images: High-quality images are a crucial aspect of visual communication and can greatly enhance the user experience. Well-lit images with high resolution ensure that the details of the products are clearly visible and can attract the attention of the viewer.
- Scores from test products are good: if scores from test products are good, it provides a positive impression of the product and builds confidence in the customer.
- Good variety of images across the website: having a good variety of images across the website ensures that customers can get a good understanding of the product from different angles and in different settings. This helps to create a more immersive and engaging user experience.
Areas for Improvement:
- Should show the coffee more: To better showcase the coffee product, it is important to focus on images that clearly display the coffee itself, rather than just the packaging or other elements.
- Add lifestyle images: Adding lifestyle images can help to show the product in use and create a more relatable and engaging experience for the customer. This can help to increase customer engagement and encourage sales.
- Better file names and alt-text for coffee products: To ensure that the images are easily accessible and searchable, it is important to have descriptive file names and alt-text for the coffee products. This can help improve search engine optimisation and make the images more easily discoverable.
Extra text in images for details often on package reverse: Including extra text in images can provide more detailed information about the product and help customers to make an informed decision. This can be especially helpful for the reverse of the package, where space may be limited.
Show the products in use (add people): Showing the products in use can help to create a more relatable and engaging experience for the customer. This can be achieved by adding people to the images, which can help to demonstrate the product’s use and show the customer how it might be used in real-life situations.
It is no secret that SEO is a massive part of any online business. Bean Brothers have a virality of Image SEO practices. One thing we identified was that the large majority of Images were .jpg. And .png the latter of which are larger in memory which can delay load times. Bean Brothers coffee products images were not optimised to their full potential, and filenames mostly lacked consistency and had a basic code word followed by a number. Alt-text was also an area of Bean Brothers product images that had not been optimised, no alt-text has been allocated to images, which meant the alt-text automatically defaulted to the file name.
“Better Images is a very intelligent solution I’ve come across for e-Commerce. It saved me the time, cost, and effort of arranging a photo shoot. We’re ecstatic with our 14% sales uplift!” – James Perkins, Co-founder, BeanBrothers
Bean Brothers already had many areas of success, their current images are well-lit and professional with additional images to ensure the customer understands the origin of their product. The improvements made by Frame have elevated Bean Brothers’ eCommerce site to the next level. In addition, SEO has been significantly improved with more appropriate file names and alt text for products which is resulting in better visibility in search engines. The images themselves have been revamped adding in-setting shots and a raft of other styles and methods to result in better trust and desire from customers, which can be seen in the uplift of 14%.